Punish killers of Hindus in Sindh: US tells Pak
Washington: Condemning all violence directed at religious, ethnic and other minorities, the United States has asked Pakistan to bring to justice those involved in gunning down three Hindus in Sindh province.
"We have seen the reports of these murders. We understand that an investigation is underway and we look forward to seeing the perpetrators brought to justice," the State Department said in a statement in response to a question.
"We condemn all violence directed at religious, ethnic and other minorities. We call attention to the issue of sectarian violence in the Human Rights Report and the International Religious Freedom Report, issued annually by the Department of State," it said.
Four persons, including at least three Hindu doctors doctor, were reported killed near Shikarpur town in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province Monday in what officials fear could be an incident of sectarian violence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says