Punish killers of Hindus in Sindh: US tells Pak
Washington: Condemning all violence directed at religious, ethnic and other minorities, the United States has asked Pakistan to bring to justice those involved in gunning down three Hindus in Sindh province.
"We have seen the reports of these murders. We understand that an investigation is underway and we look forward to seeing the perpetrators brought to justice," the State Department said in a statement in response to a question.
"We condemn all violence directed at religious, ethnic and other minorities. We call attention to the issue of sectarian violence in the Human Rights Report and the International Religious Freedom Report, issued annually by the Department of State," it said.
Four persons, including at least three Hindu doctors doctor, were reported killed near Shikarpur town in Pakistan`s southern Sindh province Monday in what officials fear could be an incident of sectarian violence.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Panic button issue: Ravi Shankar Prasad to discuss pricing concern with mobile phone makers
- PM Narendra Modi's wax statue unveiled at Madame Tussaud's Museum, London - Watch video
- UNBELIEVABLE: How this man uses his leg as bait to catch anaconda will shock you! - WATCH
- More trouble for Vijay Mallya as India seeks his deportation from UK
- Double blow for Rising Pune Supergiants: After Kevin Pietersen, Faf du Plessis out of IPL 2016