Rehman Malik made advisor to Pakistani PM
Islamabad: The Pakistani government Tuesday appointed Rehman Malik as advisor on internal affairs to Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Geo News reported.
The Supreme Court Monday suspended Malik`s Senate membership for holding dual nationality of Britain and Pakistan. It was not clear whether Malik continues to be a minister.
Malik said he had forfeited his British citizenship but he failed to provide sufficient documents to the apex court.
The court had earlier suspended the National Assembly membership of Pakistan Peoples Party lawmaker Farahnaz Ispahani, and has issued notice to Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Sheikh in similar cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price