Rehman Malik made advisor to Pakistani PM
Islamabad: The Pakistani government Tuesday appointed Rehman Malik as advisor on internal affairs to Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Geo News reported.
The Supreme Court Monday suspended Malik`s Senate membership for holding dual nationality of Britain and Pakistan. It was not clear whether Malik continues to be a minister.
Malik said he had forfeited his British citizenship but he failed to provide sufficient documents to the apex court.
The court had earlier suspended the National Assembly membership of Pakistan Peoples Party lawmaker Farahnaz Ispahani, and has issued notice to Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Sheikh in similar cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate