Rehman Malik made advisor to Pakistani PM
Islamabad: The Pakistani government Tuesday appointed Rehman Malik as advisor on internal affairs to Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Geo News reported.
The Supreme Court Monday suspended Malik`s Senate membership for holding dual nationality of Britain and Pakistan. It was not clear whether Malik continues to be a minister.
Malik said he had forfeited his British citizenship but he failed to provide sufficient documents to the apex court.
The court had earlier suspended the National Assembly membership of Pakistan Peoples Party lawmaker Farahnaz Ispahani, and has issued notice to Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Sheikh in similar cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city