Rehman Malik made advisor to Pakistani PM
Islamabad: The Pakistani government Tuesday appointed Rehman Malik as advisor on internal affairs to Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, Geo News reported.
The Supreme Court Monday suspended Malik`s Senate membership for holding dual nationality of Britain and Pakistan. It was not clear whether Malik continues to be a minister.
Malik said he had forfeited his British citizenship but he failed to provide sufficient documents to the apex court.
The court had earlier suspended the National Assembly membership of Pakistan Peoples Party lawmaker Farahnaz Ispahani, and has issued notice to Finance Minister Abdul Hafeez Sheikh in similar cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen