Resolve Kashmir issue in accordance with UN Resolutions: Pak
Islamabad: The Kashmir issue needs to be
resolved in accordance with relevant UN Resolutions and the
aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan`s
Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Malik Amad Khan said
Khan made the remarks while addressing a meeting of
the Organisation of the Islamic Conference`s contact group on
Kashmir held on the sidelines of a session of the grouping`s
Council of Foreign Ministers in Dushanbe.
The meeting was chaired by OIC secretary general
During his address, Khan underscored the commitment of
the people and the government of Pakistan to the Kashmir
Ihsanoglu reiterated the OIC`s "traditional support"
for the Kashmiri cause, said a statement issued by Pakistan?s
Emphasising the need for right to self-determination
for the people of Jammu and Kashmir, he called on India to
respect the will and rights of Kashmiris.
He expressed disappointment at the "use of force and
violence against the Kashmiri people by the Indian forces" and
welcomed exchanges between the two sides to find a peaceful
solution to the Kashmir issue.
Saudi Arabia`s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs
Nizar Madani, Turkish Minister Jevdet Yilmez and Adamou
Seydou, Advisor on Foreign Affairs of Niger, reiterated the
support of their countries for the right to self-determination
for the people of Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31