Resolve Kashmir issue in accordance with UN Resolutions: Pak
Islamabad: The Kashmir issue needs to be
resolved in accordance with relevant UN Resolutions and the
aspirations of the people of Jammu and Kashmir, Pakistan`s
Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Malik Amad Khan said
Khan made the remarks while addressing a meeting of
the Organisation of the Islamic Conference`s contact group on
Kashmir held on the sidelines of a session of the grouping`s
Council of Foreign Ministers in Dushanbe.
The meeting was chaired by OIC secretary general
During his address, Khan underscored the commitment of
the people and the government of Pakistan to the Kashmir
Ihsanoglu reiterated the OIC`s "traditional support"
for the Kashmiri cause, said a statement issued by Pakistan?s
Emphasising the need for right to self-determination
for the people of Jammu and Kashmir, he called on India to
respect the will and rights of Kashmiris.
He expressed disappointment at the "use of force and
violence against the Kashmiri people by the Indian forces" and
welcomed exchanges between the two sides to find a peaceful
solution to the Kashmir issue.
Saudi Arabia`s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs
Nizar Madani, Turkish Minister Jevdet Yilmez and Adamou
Seydou, Advisor on Foreign Affairs of Niger, reiterated the
support of their countries for the right to self-determination
for the people of Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...