`Saudi charity funds al Qaeda linked Pak terror outfits`
Lahore: A Saudi Arabian charity believed
to be a front for al Qaeda has provided USD 15 million (55
million dirhams) to extremist groups in Pakistan for carrying
out terror attacks, according to a secret report prepared by
A major chunk of the funds provided by the Al-Haramain
Foundation went to the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, said the
report prepared by the Crime Investigation Department. The
Al-Haramain Foundation has been banned by the UN Security
Council for its links to al Qaeda.
According to the CID report, Hakimullah Mehsud, the
successor to slain Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah
Mehsud, has vowed to avenge his killing in a US drone attack
in August. "The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan is likely to strike
major cities of Punjab," said the report.
The report further said, "The joint plans of
Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan are to
target Shias. The plans are meant to avenge the recent killing
of a top Sipahe-e-Sahaba Pakistan man in Karachi.
"The new Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah
Mehsud and his cousin Qari Hussain Ahmed have strong anti-Shia
views and ties with the (banned) Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and
The report said activists of Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and
Jaish-e-Mohammed have decided during a meeting held in
Bahawalpur on August 28 to avenge the recent killing of
Sipah-e-Sahaba chief Allama Ali Sher Hyderi.
"The arms, ammunition and explosives had been shifted
to some unknown location in Punjab from Dera Ismail Khan on
August 27 for this purpose," the report said.
Hyderi was killed along with his bodyguard by
unidentified gunmen in Sindh province last month.
The federal Interior Ministry has issued a circular
that directed law enforcement agencies to enhance security at
offices of the police force and intelligence agencies,
government buildings and offices and residences of foreign
nationals in Punjab province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL