Schools closed in Nepal to protest against Indian textbooks
Kathmandu: Maoists in Nepal on Sunday forced the closure of 600 schools in Lalitpur district to protest the inculsion of Indian textbooks in the curriculum by a local school.
All Nepal Teachers` Organisation and Akhil Krantikari students union affiliated to the CPN-Maoist, the breakaway faction of ruling UCPN-Maoist, has accused the DAV Sushil Kedia Bishwa Bharati Higher Secondary School of following Indian textbooks under CBSE pattern and expelling two teachers without any reason.
The Maoists had last month shut down the DAV school for two weeks for the same reason.
According to District Education Officer of?Lalitpur Mankaji Shrestha, various rounds of talks between the two sides remained fruitless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing