Schools closed in Nepal to protest against Indian textbooks
Kathmandu: Maoists in Nepal on Sunday forced the closure of 600 schools in Lalitpur district to protest the inculsion of Indian textbooks in the curriculum by a local school.
All Nepal Teachers` Organisation and Akhil Krantikari students union affiliated to the CPN-Maoist, the breakaway faction of ruling UCPN-Maoist, has accused the DAV Sushil Kedia Bishwa Bharati Higher Secondary School of following Indian textbooks under CBSE pattern and expelling two teachers without any reason.
The Maoists had last month shut down the DAV school for two weeks for the same reason.
According to District Education Officer of?Lalitpur Mankaji Shrestha, various rounds of talks between the two sides remained fruitless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh