Schools closed in Nepal to protest against Indian textbooks
Kathmandu: Maoists in Nepal on Sunday forced the closure of 600 schools in Lalitpur district to protest the inculsion of Indian textbooks in the curriculum by a local school.
All Nepal Teachers` Organisation and Akhil Krantikari students union affiliated to the CPN-Maoist, the breakaway faction of ruling UCPN-Maoist, has accused the DAV Sushil Kedia Bishwa Bharati Higher Secondary School of following Indian textbooks under CBSE pattern and expelling two teachers without any reason.
The Maoists had last month shut down the DAV school for two weeks for the same reason.
According to District Education Officer of?Lalitpur Mankaji Shrestha, various rounds of talks between the two sides remained fruitless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda