Schools closed in Nepal to protest against Indian textbooks
Kathmandu: Maoists in Nepal on Sunday forced the closure of 600 schools in Lalitpur district to protest the inculsion of Indian textbooks in the curriculum by a local school.
All Nepal Teachers` Organisation and Akhil Krantikari students union affiliated to the CPN-Maoist, the breakaway faction of ruling UCPN-Maoist, has accused the DAV Sushil Kedia Bishwa Bharati Higher Secondary School of following Indian textbooks under CBSE pattern and expelling two teachers without any reason.
The Maoists had last month shut down the DAV school for two weeks for the same reason.
According to District Education Officer of?Lalitpur Mankaji Shrestha, various rounds of talks between the two sides remained fruitless.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi