Senior Pak diplomat dies in New Delhi

A senior diplomat with the Pakistan High Commission died after suffering an electric shock at his residence in Vasant Vihar last night.

Last Updated: Oct 12, 2009, 12:55 PM IST

New Delhi: A senior diplomat with the Pakistan High Commission died after suffering an electric shock at his residence in Vasant Vihar here last night.
M Khan Afridi, political counsellor with the High Commission suffered the shock in the bathroom of his house at around 8.30 pm and collapsed, official sources said.
The 47-year-old official was rushed to Fortis Hospital in Vasant Vihar where he was declared brought dead. His body was taken back to Pakistan last night itself, they added.

Bureau Report