Sharif`s PML-N `in dilemma` over Musharraf issue
Islamabad: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) is in a dilemma over dealing with the matter of Pervez Musharraf, following mounting pressure from national and international powers to rescue the former military dictator.
The Daily Times quoted sources, as saying that the PML-N wants to resolve the issue in such a way that it will not risk losing its credibility in the eyes of public and also keep cadres of armed forces and Saudis - who are at the forefront to help Musharraf - happy.
Sources said that the Saudis were constantly taking up the issue with Nawaz Sharif since the day when his party emerged victorious in May 11 polls. Saudi diplomats have taken up the issue in a number of meetings with the PML-N chief.
The ranks of PML-N are also worried about the Musharraf issue with reference to Sharif`s visit to Saudia Arabia in the next few days where he would be seeking Saudis` help to resolve energy crisis in Pakistan.
The Saudi oil supply on deferred payment is very much needed in the current energy crisis and new PML-N government has the sole option of this facility to provide immediate relief to electricity-starved people of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP emerges as big winner in Mumbai, sweeps Pune, Amravati, Nagpur, Nashik
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17