Shift my father to another hospital: Sarabjit`s daughter
Amritsar: Indian death row prisoner Sarabjit Singh`s daughter on Saturday pleaded that he be shifted to a better facility from Lahore`s Jinnah Hospital for treatment.
Sarabjit, who was critically injured after a brutal assault on him in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat prison Friday evening, was taken to the Jinnah Hospital where doctors said that he was "critical" and in "deep coma".
"We are very concerned about his condition. The authorities should immediately shift him to a good hospital with better facilities. This (Jinnah) hospital does not have adequate facilities," Sarabjit`s daughter Swapandeep said here.
Sarabjit`s family, comprising his sister Dalbir Kaur, wife Sukhpreet Kaur and daughters Swapandeep and Poonam, are expected to cross over to Pakistan from the Attari-Wagah border between both countries, 30 km from here, Sunday morning to be with him.
"We have got the visas and will leave tomorrow (Sunday) morning. They have given permission for one person to be with him in the hospital," said Swapandeep.
"We will be satisfied once we meet him and pray that he gets well soon," she said.
Sarabjit was admitted to Jinnah hospital after being assaulted by fellow prisoners in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat prison Friday. He suffered critical head injuries in the unprovoked and sudden assault by four to five prisoners with bricks and plates.
He has been on death row in Pakistan since 1990 after being convicted by Pakistani courts for bomb blasts in Lahore and Multan, which left 14 people dead.
Sarabjit`s family claims he is innocent, having inadvertently crossed into Pakistan in August 1990 in an inebriated state, only to be arrested there.
Police in Pakistan however claim that Sarabjit Singh, known as Manjit Singh, was involved in terrorist strikes.
In Sarabjit`s hometown Bhikiwind, and in Amritsar and Patiala, people protested the vicious attack on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in