Students strip in protest demanding PM`s resignation
Kathmandu: A student`s union affiliated to Nepali Congress on Thursday staged a shirt-less demonstration here to protest against the caretaker government of Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai, accusing him of pushing the country into uncertainty with unilateral decisions.
Condemning Bhattarai government`s unilateral announcement of fresh polls for Constituent Assembly (CA) in April/May and bringing the budget ordinance without consulting the opposition parties, members of Nepal Students Union (NSU) took to the streets chanting anti-government slogans.
Bhattarai is under pressure to quit after the opposition parties including Nepali Congress and CPN-UML have demanded his resignation to form a national consensus government.
The student`s protest, which rally started from Amrit Science Campus and concluded at Bhotahiti in Kathmandu, was led by the NSU leader Kundan Raj Kafle.
Yesterday, the NSU had staged `chakkajam` or halting of transportation service in front of colleges condemning the decision taken by the incumbent Maoist-led government on budget and polls without political consensus.
The NSU in a statement said that the `power-hungry` ruling coalition UCPN-Maoist and Madhesi Front are pushing the country into uncertainty with unilateral and unconstitutional decisions instead of paving a way out of the present political deadlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands