Students strip in protest demanding PM`s resignation
Kathmandu: A student`s union affiliated to Nepali Congress on Thursday staged a shirt-less demonstration here to protest against the caretaker government of Prime Minister Baburam Bhattarai, accusing him of pushing the country into uncertainty with unilateral decisions.
Condemning Bhattarai government`s unilateral announcement of fresh polls for Constituent Assembly (CA) in April/May and bringing the budget ordinance without consulting the opposition parties, members of Nepal Students Union (NSU) took to the streets chanting anti-government slogans.
Bhattarai is under pressure to quit after the opposition parties including Nepali Congress and CPN-UML have demanded his resignation to form a national consensus government.
The student`s protest, which rally started from Amrit Science Campus and concluded at Bhotahiti in Kathmandu, was led by the NSU leader Kundan Raj Kafle.
Yesterday, the NSU had staged `chakkajam` or halting of transportation service in front of colleges condemning the decision taken by the incumbent Maoist-led government on budget and polls without political consensus.
The NSU in a statement said that the `power-hungry` ruling coalition UCPN-Maoist and Madhesi Front are pushing the country into uncertainty with unilateral and unconstitutional decisions instead of paving a way out of the present political deadlock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan