Taliban attack kills three soldiers in Pakistan
Islamabad: Three Pakistani security personnel were killed and eight others injured today when an IED blast targeted their vehicle in the restive Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The vehicle was targeted near Mirzal checkpost in Bannu district in the country`s northwest, with the blast killing one soldier on the spot, injuring 10 others. Two security personnel died on the way to hospital.
The injured has been shifted to the Combined Military Hospital, Bannu.
The Ansarul Mujahideen militant group of Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack, the Dawn reported.
"As long as drone attacks are carried out in Pakistan, they would continue their attacks and targeting of security forces and the administrative machinery of the Pakistani government," the group`s spokesman, Abu Baseer, was quoted as saying from an undisclosed location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!