Taliban attack kills three soldiers in Pakistan
Islamabad: Three Pakistani security personnel were killed and eight others injured today when an IED blast targeted their vehicle in the restive Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The vehicle was targeted near Mirzal checkpost in Bannu district in the country`s northwest, with the blast killing one soldier on the spot, injuring 10 others. Two security personnel died on the way to hospital.
The injured has been shifted to the Combined Military Hospital, Bannu.
The Ansarul Mujahideen militant group of Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack, the Dawn reported.
"As long as drone attacks are carried out in Pakistan, they would continue their attacks and targeting of security forces and the administrative machinery of the Pakistani government," the group`s spokesman, Abu Baseer, was quoted as saying from an undisclosed location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer