Taliban attack kills three soldiers in Pakistan
Islamabad: Three Pakistani security personnel were killed and eight others injured today when an IED blast targeted their vehicle in the restive Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The vehicle was targeted near Mirzal checkpost in Bannu district in the country`s northwest, with the blast killing one soldier on the spot, injuring 10 others. Two security personnel died on the way to hospital.
The injured has been shifted to the Combined Military Hospital, Bannu.
The Ansarul Mujahideen militant group of Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack, the Dawn reported.
"As long as drone attacks are carried out in Pakistan, they would continue their attacks and targeting of security forces and the administrative machinery of the Pakistani government," the group`s spokesman, Abu Baseer, was quoted as saying from an undisclosed location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners
- Political novice Gudni Johannesson elected Iceland president amid football fever