Taliban attack kills three soldiers in Pakistan
Islamabad: Three Pakistani security personnel were killed and eight others injured today when an IED blast targeted their vehicle in the restive Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
The vehicle was targeted near Mirzal checkpost in Bannu district in the country`s northwest, with the blast killing one soldier on the spot, injuring 10 others. Two security personnel died on the way to hospital.
The injured has been shifted to the Combined Military Hospital, Bannu.
The Ansarul Mujahideen militant group of Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack, the Dawn reported.
"As long as drone attacks are carried out in Pakistan, they would continue their attacks and targeting of security forces and the administrative machinery of the Pakistani government," the group`s spokesman, Abu Baseer, was quoted as saying from an undisclosed location.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened