Taliban behead two Pakistani soldiers
Islamabad: The Taliban beheaded two security personnel and hung their heads on wooden poles on Monday in North Waziristan tribal region of Pakistan, where nine soldiers were killed in a clash with the militants.
A Pakistani Taliban commander claimed the militants captured the two security personnel last night while troops were conducting a raid in Miranshah, the main town of North Waziristan Agency.
The raid was conducted after nine soldiers and at least three militants were killed in a clash near Miranshah.
The clash erupted after militants ambushed a security forces convoy in the area.
Pakistani security officials told the media that the heads of the soldiers were hung by militants on poles in Miranshah.
US and Afghan officials have described North Waziristan as a safe haven for al Qaeda and Taliban elements who carry out cross-border attacks on foreign troops in Afghanistan.
Pakistan has resisted growing US pressure to move troops into North Waziristan, which has been the focus of the CIA-operated drone campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says