Taliban blow up 2 schools in Pakistan
Islamabad: Taliban militants on Saturday blew up two school buildings in Pakistan`s tribal areas bordering Afghanistan.
Eleven of the 16 rooms in the government boys` middle School in Mohmand were destroyed in the blast that occurred Saturday afternoon. This was the 36th school targeted by militants in the district since January 2009.
In Khyber district, the blast destroyed four out of five rooms of the government boys primary school in Bara sub-division.
The Tehreek-i-Taliban militants, who are bitterly opposed to modern education, especially for girls, have claimed responsibility for the blasts in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, Xinhua news agency reported.
Militants have blasted hundreds of school buildings in Pakistan.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Cong accuses PM Modi of doctoring birth details, education info; threatens to expose facts
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court