Taliban blow up 2 schools in Pakistan
Islamabad: Taliban militants on Saturday blew up two school buildings in Pakistan`s tribal areas bordering Afghanistan.
Eleven of the 16 rooms in the government boys` middle School in Mohmand were destroyed in the blast that occurred Saturday afternoon. This was the 36th school targeted by militants in the district since January 2009.
In Khyber district, the blast destroyed four out of five rooms of the government boys primary school in Bara sub-division.
The Tehreek-i-Taliban militants, who are bitterly opposed to modern education, especially for girls, have claimed responsibility for the blasts in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, Xinhua news agency reported.
Militants have blasted hundreds of school buildings in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death