Taliban blow up 2 schools in Pakistan
Islamabad: Taliban militants on Saturday blew up two school buildings in Pakistan`s tribal areas bordering Afghanistan.
Eleven of the 16 rooms in the government boys` middle School in Mohmand were destroyed in the blast that occurred Saturday afternoon. This was the 36th school targeted by militants in the district since January 2009.
In Khyber district, the blast destroyed four out of five rooms of the government boys primary school in Bara sub-division.
The Tehreek-i-Taliban militants, who are bitterly opposed to modern education, especially for girls, have claimed responsibility for the blasts in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, Xinhua news agency reported.
Militants have blasted hundreds of school buildings in Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars