`Taliban commander ordered suicide bombings from Kabul jail`
New York: A Taliban commander locked
inside a high security prison in Kabul was reportedly giving
instructions of suicide bombings to a city-based cell of
Haqqani network, an allied terror group in Pakistan.
"From inside the Pul-e-Charkhi prison he (Taliban
commander Talib Jan) was appointing people and giving them
targets and instructions: do this, and do that... most of the
terrorist and suicide attacks in Kabul were planned from
inside this prison by this man," spokesman of Afghanistan`s
intelligence service Lutfullah Mashal was quoted as saying by
The New York Times.
The National Directorate of Security spokesman, in a
news conference, played a videotaped confession of Jan and
said he had organised the suicide bombing of the `Finest
Supermarket` in Kabul on January 28, which killed 14 people.
His aide Mohammed Khan, who visited Jan in prison to take
orders, confessed in person at the news conference to his part
in the bombing.
The authorities discovered another suicide bomber cell
of Haqqani network that recruited eight young men. It readied
them to attack US bases in Kabul and Logar Provinces.
Five of its members, including two young potential
bombers, confessed to their roles at the news conference.
Mahmadullah, 17, from Logar Province, described his
recruitment at a madrasa in Miram Shah, a town in North
Waziristan region of Pakistan. The second accused Lal Mohammad
Khan (20) from Spinbaldak in Kandahar Province was also
recruited at a madrasa, in Chaman near Pakistan border.
"I want to go home and surrender myself to my family,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation