`Taliban commander ordered suicide bombings from Kabul jail`
New York: A Taliban commander locked
inside a high security prison in Kabul was reportedly giving
instructions of suicide bombings to a city-based cell of
Haqqani network, an allied terror group in Pakistan.
"From inside the Pul-e-Charkhi prison he (Taliban
commander Talib Jan) was appointing people and giving them
targets and instructions: do this, and do that... most of the
terrorist and suicide attacks in Kabul were planned from
inside this prison by this man," spokesman of Afghanistan`s
intelligence service Lutfullah Mashal was quoted as saying by
The New York Times.
The National Directorate of Security spokesman, in a
news conference, played a videotaped confession of Jan and
said he had organised the suicide bombing of the `Finest
Supermarket` in Kabul on January 28, which killed 14 people.
His aide Mohammed Khan, who visited Jan in prison to take
orders, confessed in person at the news conference to his part
in the bombing.
The authorities discovered another suicide bomber cell
of Haqqani network that recruited eight young men. It readied
them to attack US bases in Kabul and Logar Provinces.
Five of its members, including two young potential
bombers, confessed to their roles at the news conference.
Mahmadullah, 17, from Logar Province, described his
recruitment at a madrasa in Miram Shah, a town in North
Waziristan region of Pakistan. The second accused Lal Mohammad
Khan (20) from Spinbaldak in Kandahar Province was also
recruited at a madrasa, in Chaman near Pakistan border.
"I want to go home and surrender myself to my family,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands