Taliban leader issues Muslim holiday message
Kabul: The Taliban`s reclusive leader
issued a Muslim holiday message today calling on Afghans to
break off relations with the government, which he described as
a `stooge` administration.
Mullah Omar`s message ahead of Eid came a week after
President Hamid Karzai reached out to the Taliban during his
inauguration speech, saying it was important to include in the
government former Taliban who were ready to renounce
The extremist group quickly rejected the appeal,
repeating its refusal to negotiate with the Karzai government
or participate in what it considers a puppet administration.
"I hope you will continue your legitimate jihad (holy
war) and struggle in the way of realising your Islamic
aspirations ... and break off all relations with the stooge
Kabul administration," Omar said in the message posted on a
Web site used by the Taliban and e-mailed to journalists from
an address often used to send out his statements.
He said there would be no negotiations that would
prolong or legitimise the presence of foreign forces in the
"Those who have occupied our country and taken our
people as hostage, want to use the stratagem of negotiation
like they used the drama of elections for some time in order
to achieve their colonialist objectives," he said.
"However, the people of Afghanistan will not agree to
negotiation which prolongs and legitimises the invaders`
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read