‘Taliban militant killed, 29 held in Pak’
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces
killed a militant and rounded up 29 suspects during search and
clearance operations in the Swat valley and the tribal belt
bordering Afghanistan, authorities said on Monday.
Troops killed a militant during an operation near
Fizaghat in Swat.
Four suspected militants were apprehended during
search and clearance operations at several places in the
Security forces captured two suspects with arms and
ammunition while clearing several areas in Shakai sector of
In the Khyber tribal region, security forces captured
23 suspects during operations over the past 24 hours, the
Frontier Corps said.
Taliban fighters attacked security forces with rockets
in Shakai and Jandola sectors of Waziristan though there were
no reports of casualties.
Troops "effectively responded" to these attacks, the
Security forces also cleared several areas in Jandola
and Shakai sectors and recovered arms and ammunition.? ?
In the Razmak sector, militants fired several mortar
shells at security forces in the Miranshah Camp though there
were no reports of casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown