‘Taliban militant killed, 29 held in Pak’
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces
killed a militant and rounded up 29 suspects during search and
clearance operations in the Swat valley and the tribal belt
bordering Afghanistan, authorities said on Monday.
Troops killed a militant during an operation near
Fizaghat in Swat.
Four suspected militants were apprehended during
search and clearance operations at several places in the
Security forces captured two suspects with arms and
ammunition while clearing several areas in Shakai sector of
In the Khyber tribal region, security forces captured
23 suspects during operations over the past 24 hours, the
Frontier Corps said.
Taliban fighters attacked security forces with rockets
in Shakai and Jandola sectors of Waziristan though there were
no reports of casualties.
Troops "effectively responded" to these attacks, the
Security forces also cleared several areas in Jandola
and Shakai sectors and recovered arms and ammunition.? ?
In the Razmak sector, militants fired several mortar
shells at security forces in the Miranshah Camp though there
were no reports of casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan