‘Taliban militant killed, 29 held in Pak’
Islamabad: Pakistani security forces
killed a militant and rounded up 29 suspects during search and
clearance operations in the Swat valley and the tribal belt
bordering Afghanistan, authorities said on Monday.
Troops killed a militant during an operation near
Fizaghat in Swat.
Four suspected militants were apprehended during
search and clearance operations at several places in the
Security forces captured two suspects with arms and
ammunition while clearing several areas in Shakai sector of
In the Khyber tribal region, security forces captured
23 suspects during operations over the past 24 hours, the
Frontier Corps said.
Taliban fighters attacked security forces with rockets
in Shakai and Jandola sectors of Waziristan though there were
no reports of casualties.
Troops "effectively responded" to these attacks, the
Security forces also cleared several areas in Jandola
and Shakai sectors and recovered arms and ammunition.? ?
In the Razmak sector, militants fired several mortar
shells at security forces in the Miranshah Camp though there
were no reports of casualties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you