Taliban never sought Sharia`s imposition earlier: Imran Khan
Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan has said Taliban`s willingness for talks with government under Pakistan constitution exposes those who link terrorism with imposition of Sharia (Islamic law).
In the previous nine agreements with the government, the militants had never called for imposition of Sharia since no legislation could be carried out against the Sharia as per the Constitution of Pakistan, Geo News quoted Khan, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chairman, as saying.
Khan reiterated that Taliban’s terrorism was a backlash to the US war and the militants had also demanded of Pakistan to pull out from Washington’s war and stop drone strikes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what