Taliban never sought Sharia`s imposition earlier: Imran Khan
Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan has said Taliban`s willingness for talks with government under Pakistan constitution exposes those who link terrorism with imposition of Sharia (Islamic law).
In the previous nine agreements with the government, the militants had never called for imposition of Sharia since no legislation could be carried out against the Sharia as per the Constitution of Pakistan, Geo News quoted Khan, the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaaf (PTI) chairman, as saying.
Khan reiterated that Taliban’s terrorism was a backlash to the US war and the militants had also demanded of Pakistan to pull out from Washington’s war and stop drone strikes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’