Taliban plan to storm Musharraf`s farmhouse: Report
Islamabad: After successfully pulling off a daring attack on a high-security prison in Northwest Pakistan, banned militant outfits have planned to attack former dictator Pervez Musharraf`s farmhouse here, a media report on Wednesday said.
Musharraf - who is an accused in multiple criminal cases - is being held at his Chak Shahzad farmhouse, which was declared a sub-jail on April 20.
Information gathered by the intelligence agencies pointed at a possible attack by militants belonging to the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan and Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan, The Express Tribune said quoting intelligence sources.
In the light of these recent threats, security agencies have issued warnings to all the relevant departments.
According to the alert, the attackers might disguise themselves as security officers.
TTP had earlier issued threats to assassinate the 69-year-old former dictator, calling him the "Satan".
Musharraf went to the top of the Taliban hit list after ordering the army in 2007 to storm Lal Masjid in Islamabad. The operation left more than 100 people dead and opened the floodgates to attacks in Pakistan.
He had escaped three assassination attempts when in office from 1999 to 2008, a target of extremists because of his alliance in the US-led "war on terror" and attempts to clamp down on militants.
Heavily-armed Taliban terrorists, donning police uniforms, had on Tuesday night stormed a high-security prison in northwest Pakistan, freeing nearly 250 prisoners, many of them hard-core militants, and killing 14 people including six Shia inmates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves