Tehrik-i-Taliban chief`s aide arrested in Pak
Peshawar: A close associate of Hakimullah Mehsud, the chief of banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), and six others have been arrested in Peshawar.
They were arrested in Peshawar`s Hayatabad phase VI and shifted to an undisclosed location, reports The Dawn.
Four detained commanders of the banned outfit, including Hakeem, were on the wanted list. Their real names have not been disclosed as yet.
Hakeem was the sub-commander of TTP Peshawar region.
Hakeem and his associates, was involved in kidnapping of high profile personalities including Professor Ajmal, Afghan counsel general Khalid Farahi and Iranian commercial attaché Hashim Atharzade.
Meanwhile, in a similar raid in Abbottabad, police have arrested and registered cases of kidnapping for ransom against three members of the TTP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope