Tehrik-i-Taliban chief`s aide arrested in Pak
Peshawar: A close associate of Hakimullah Mehsud, the chief of banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), and six others have been arrested in Peshawar.
They were arrested in Peshawar`s Hayatabad phase VI and shifted to an undisclosed location, reports The Dawn.
Four detained commanders of the banned outfit, including Hakeem, were on the wanted list. Their real names have not been disclosed as yet.
Hakeem was the sub-commander of TTP Peshawar region.
Hakeem and his associates, was involved in kidnapping of high profile personalities including Professor Ajmal, Afghan counsel general Khalid Farahi and Iranian commercial attaché Hashim Atharzade.
Meanwhile, in a similar raid in Abbottabad, police have arrested and registered cases of kidnapping for ransom against three members of the TTP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview