Tehrik-i-Taliban chief`s aide arrested in Pak
Peshawar: A close associate of Hakimullah Mehsud, the chief of banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), and six others have been arrested in Peshawar.
They were arrested in Peshawar`s Hayatabad phase VI and shifted to an undisclosed location, reports The Dawn.
Four detained commanders of the banned outfit, including Hakeem, were on the wanted list. Their real names have not been disclosed as yet.
Hakeem was the sub-commander of TTP Peshawar region.
Hakeem and his associates, was involved in kidnapping of high profile personalities including Professor Ajmal, Afghan counsel general Khalid Farahi and Iranian commercial attaché Hashim Atharzade.
Meanwhile, in a similar raid in Abbottabad, police have arrested and registered cases of kidnapping for ransom against three members of the TTP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note