Tehrik-i-Taliban chief`s aide arrested in Pak
Peshawar: A close associate of Hakimullah Mehsud, the chief of banned Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), and six others have been arrested in Peshawar.
They were arrested in Peshawar`s Hayatabad phase VI and shifted to an undisclosed location, reports The Dawn.
Four detained commanders of the banned outfit, including Hakeem, were on the wanted list. Their real names have not been disclosed as yet.
Hakeem was the sub-commander of TTP Peshawar region.
Hakeem and his associates, was involved in kidnapping of high profile personalities including Professor Ajmal, Afghan counsel general Khalid Farahi and Iranian commercial attaché Hashim Atharzade.
Meanwhile, in a similar raid in Abbottabad, police have arrested and registered cases of kidnapping for ransom against three members of the TTP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth