Train accident in Pakistan, 14 killed
Zee Media Bureau
Lahore: At least 14 people, including a woman and two children, were killed on Saturday when a motorcycle rickshaw they were travelling in was crushed by a moving train at a railway crossing in Pakistan`s Punjab province, police said.
The motorcycle rickshaw carrying 14 people was crossing the railway line in Sheikhupura, about 40 kilometres from here, when it was hit by a Lahore-bound train coming from Karachi, rescue work spokesman Jam Sajjad told a news agency.
He said 10 of the rickshaw riders died on the spot while the remaining, including the driver, were shifted to District Headquarters Hospital Sheikhupura where three of them succumbed to their injuries.
The dead include two children and a woman.
Sajjad, quoting witnesses, said the rickshaw was stuck on the track and the train reached there. No gate is installed at the crossing and the motorists fearlessly cross the railway crossing.
Railway Police have registered a case against the rickshaw driver for `careless driving`. The driver also lost his life in the accident.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing