Two kids killed in Pakistan bombing
Islamabad: At least two children were killed and three other people were injured on Monday in a blast in Pakistan`s Quetta city, Xinhua reported.
Urdu TV channel Samaa said the blast took place around 11 am at a fruit market in Hazaar Ganji area of Quetta, capital of Balochistan province.
The bomb was planted in a garbage heap at the fruit market. It went off when the two children were searching for food in the garbage heap, witnesses said.
Police arrived at the scene shortly after the blast and cordoned off the site to search for other possible explosives.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Quetta has seen a series of attacks over the last couple of days. On Saturday, at least 13 people were killed when gunmen opened fire indiscriminately at a vehicle carrying Shi’ite Muslims.
A day earlier, seven Shi’ites were reportedly shot dead while heading to Iran to visit religious places. Banned group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it revenge for the murder of a Sunni scholar who was killed in firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!