Two kids killed in Pakistan bombing
Islamabad: At least two children were killed and three other people were injured on Monday in a blast in Pakistan`s Quetta city, Xinhua reported.
Urdu TV channel Samaa said the blast took place around 11 am at a fruit market in Hazaar Ganji area of Quetta, capital of Balochistan province.
The bomb was planted in a garbage heap at the fruit market. It went off when the two children were searching for food in the garbage heap, witnesses said.
Police arrived at the scene shortly after the blast and cordoned off the site to search for other possible explosives.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Quetta has seen a series of attacks over the last couple of days. On Saturday, at least 13 people were killed when gunmen opened fire indiscriminately at a vehicle carrying Shi’ite Muslims.
A day earlier, seven Shi’ites were reportedly shot dead while heading to Iran to visit religious places. Banned group Lashkar-e-Jhangvi claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it revenge for the murder of a Sunni scholar who was killed in firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video