Two killed in crash of Pak army`s helicopter gunship
Islamabad: A Cobra helicopter gunship of
Pakistani army crashed while targeting militant hideouts in
the restive Khyber tribal region bordering Afghanistan on Wednesday,
killing its two-member crew.
The helicopter came down in Tirah valley of Khyber due to
a technical problem, officials were quoted as saying by the TV
The pilot and the gunner were both killed, they said.
The Inter-Services Public Relations confirmed that the
helicopter gunship had crashed and said further details were
Troops surrounded the area and retrieved the bodies of
the two crew members. The bodies were later airlifted to
Peshawar by a helicopter.
Clashes were also continuing between security forces and
militants in Bara area of Tirah valley.
Following the crash, two more helicopter gunships pounded
militants hideouts and killed several rebels.
TV news channels said there were reports that the
helicopter gunship had crashed after being fired at by
There was no official word on this development.
The Pakistan Army has made extensive use of helicopter
gunship and fighter jets in its campaign against militant
groups in the lawless tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA