Two killed in crash of Pak army`s helicopter gunship
Islamabad: A Cobra helicopter gunship of
Pakistani army crashed while targeting militant hideouts in
the restive Khyber tribal region bordering Afghanistan on Wednesday,
killing its two-member crew.
The helicopter came down in Tirah valley of Khyber due to
a technical problem, officials were quoted as saying by the TV
The pilot and the gunner were both killed, they said.
The Inter-Services Public Relations confirmed that the
helicopter gunship had crashed and said further details were
Troops surrounded the area and retrieved the bodies of
the two crew members. The bodies were later airlifted to
Peshawar by a helicopter.
Clashes were also continuing between security forces and
militants in Bara area of Tirah valley.
Following the crash, two more helicopter gunships pounded
militants hideouts and killed several rebels.
TV news channels said there were reports that the
helicopter gunship had crashed after being fired at by
There was no official word on this development.
The Pakistan Army has made extensive use of helicopter
gunship and fighter jets in its campaign against militant
groups in the lawless tribal belt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan