UFOs caused Bhoja Air plane crash in Pakistan?
Islamabad: The Bhoja Air Boeing 737 crash in Pakistan on April 20 could have been caused by a UFO sighting by the pilot, unconfirmed reports say.
A Russian news report on the crash shows footage of three mysterious lights moving in formation, leading to speculation in the UFO community that blame for the tragic accident may lie with an extra-terrestrial craft, reported the Daily Mail.
The news report suggests that the pilot may have been distracted by the object and complained to the control tower at Islamabad Airport as he made his approach. The official reason, however, is that the plane’s fuel tanks exploded mid-air during a heavy thunderstorm, killing all 127 people on board. In a mayday call made moments before the disaster, the pilot reported that a fuel tank had caught fire and the plane was out of control. He asked controllers at Islamabad`s Benazir Bhutto international airport for help as he prepared for an emergency landing, saying he could see the roofs of homes but not the runway.
The Civil Aviation Authority said the aircraft had been properly positioned as it began its approach, but suddenly descended to 200 feet while still flying at 300 miles an hour. It then descended 50 feet more before its tanks exploded.
Given the violent storm lashing Islamabad during the accident, some experts have speculated that ``wind shear”,` sudden changes in wind that can lift or smash an aircraft into the ground during landing, may have been a factor.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has ordered a judicial investigation into the accident. Farooq Bhoja, head of Bhoja Air, has been put on the Exit Control List. Interior Minister Rehman Malik said, ``It is being said that the aircraft was quite old, so it has been ordered to investigate thoroughly the air worthiness of the Bhoja Air aircraft.``
``The causes will be investigated, whether it was any fault in the aircraft, it was lightning, the bad weather or any other factor that caused the loss of precious lives,`` he added. The plane`s flight data recording systems, key to any investigation, have been recovered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared