UK parliamentarians urge Obama to stop drone strikes in Pak
London: Twelve British parliamentarians have written to US President Barack Obama to stop drone attacks in Pakistan.
In their letter to Obama, they said Britain and Western countries are under threat because drone attacks provide justification for future terrorist activities.
The Express Tribune quoted the parliamentarians, as saying that the attacks are creating hatred for the US amongst Pakistanis, and they are also harming a British allied country`s sovereignty. The letter also stated that innocent people are being killed in drone strikes.
According to the London-based Bureau of Investigative Journalism, one drone strike has hit Pakistan every four days on average during the Obama presidency.
The bureau further said most of the 2,292 to 2,863 people killed in the strikes were low-ranking militants, but that only 126 fighters had been named.
It added that there were credible reports of civilian casualties numbering between 385 and 775 civilians, including 164 to 168 children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’