UN chief "appalled" by sectarian attack in Pakistan
United Nations: United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has strongly condemned the "appalling" sectarian attack in north-western Pakistan, which left 25 Shia Muslims dead.
"The Secretary-General expresses his outrage over such deliberate attacks on people due to their religious beliefs in Pakistan," Ban`s spokesperson said.
"He extends his heartfelt condolences to the families of the victims and to the Government and people of Pakistan," he added.
Ban strongly condemned the attack, terming it "appalling".
Armed men ambushed three buses near the city of Gilgit yesterday, forcing passengers off the vehicles and then shot down 25 Shia Muslims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you