Up to leaders of India, Pakistan to work on their ties: US
Washington: As Pakistan`s Prime Minister-elect Nawaz Sharif prepares to form his government, the US has said that it is up to the leaders of India and Pakistan to work on their relationship.
"In terms of the scope and how a developing relationship with Pakistan and India would take place, that would be up to those two parties to work out amongst themselves," State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki told reporters.
Psaki was responding to questions on relationship between India and Pakistan and also between Pakistan and the US following the formation of the new government in Islamabad.
"We`ve seen those reports, and I would point you to the fact that Mr Sharif also said that he`s looking forward to working with the US on our relationship," Psaki added.
Meanwhile, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey praised the role of the Pakistani military and Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Pervez Kayani in the recently-concluded General Elections in the country.
"I give a lot of credit to General Kayani and the Pakistan military for their behaviour during the election," Dempsey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic