Up to leaders of India, Pakistan to work on their ties: US
Washington: As Pakistan`s Prime Minister-elect Nawaz Sharif prepares to form his government, the US has said that it is up to the leaders of India and Pakistan to work on their relationship.
"In terms of the scope and how a developing relationship with Pakistan and India would take place, that would be up to those two parties to work out amongst themselves," State Department spokesperson Jen Psaki told reporters.
Psaki was responding to questions on relationship between India and Pakistan and also between Pakistan and the US following the formation of the new government in Islamabad.
"We`ve seen those reports, and I would point you to the fact that Mr Sharif also said that he`s looking forward to working with the US on our relationship," Psaki added.
Meanwhile, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey praised the role of the Pakistani military and Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Pervez Kayani in the recently-concluded General Elections in the country.
"I give a lot of credit to General Kayani and the Pakistan military for their behaviour during the election," Dempsey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- BJP rejects Nitish's claims of slide in crime after prohibition
- Gionee unveils flagship M6, M6 Plus smartphones
- Sensex gains 3.5% post Rexit announcement: Report
- Subramanian Swamy tries to raise Mahatma Gandhi's assassination issue in RS
- AAP to woo Dalits by bringing separate ''Dalit manifesto'' in Punjab