US aid directed towards building Pak institutions
Washington: The American aid to Pakistan
is aimed towards strengthening and building institutions in the country, the US State Department has said.
"US assistance to Pakistan... is directed towards
building Pakistan`s institutions, shoring up its democratic
institutions and infrastructure, strengthening its economy,"
State Department spokesperson Mark Toner told reporters at his
daily news conference.
"Obviously, much of our assistance was diverted to
help with the immediate after effects of the flooding," he
"We believe that assistance is important in our
national security interests and obviously in Pakistan`s
security interests to provide that kind of support so that
Pakistan becomes a prosperous, democratic nation, or a more
prosperous, democratic nation," Toner said in response to a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi