US aid directed towards building Pak institutions
Washington: The American aid to Pakistan
is aimed towards strengthening and building institutions in the country, the US State Department has said.
"US assistance to Pakistan... is directed towards
building Pakistan`s institutions, shoring up its democratic
institutions and infrastructure, strengthening its economy,"
State Department spokesperson Mark Toner told reporters at his
daily news conference.
"Obviously, much of our assistance was diverted to
help with the immediate after effects of the flooding," he
"We believe that assistance is important in our
national security interests and obviously in Pakistan`s
security interests to provide that kind of support so that
Pakistan becomes a prosperous, democratic nation, or a more
prosperous, democratic nation," Toner said in response to a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt