US aid directed towards building Pak institutions
Washington: The American aid to Pakistan
is aimed towards strengthening and building institutions in the country, the US State Department has said.
"US assistance to Pakistan... is directed towards
building Pakistan`s institutions, shoring up its democratic
institutions and infrastructure, strengthening its economy,"
State Department spokesperson Mark Toner told reporters at his
daily news conference.
"Obviously, much of our assistance was diverted to
help with the immediate after effects of the flooding," he
"We believe that assistance is important in our
national security interests and obviously in Pakistan`s
security interests to provide that kind of support so that
Pakistan becomes a prosperous, democratic nation, or a more
prosperous, democratic nation," Toner said in response to a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!