US commander meets Pakistani Army Chief
Islamabad: Top commander of NATO-led forces in Afghanistan, General John Allen, on Saturday held talks with Pakistan Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani in Rawalpindi.
According to the Pakistani military, General Allen, who arrived at the Army’s General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi earlier today, flew to Pakistan to speak with General Kayani on operations in border areas.
A press release from the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said the talks between the two key military officials focused on coordination mechanisms to avoid untoward incidents.
The visit comes amid American efforts to rebuild ties after US airstrikes that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers along the Afghan border in November. In response, Islamabad blocked US and NATO supply lines running through its territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress