US commander meets Pakistani Army Chief
Islamabad: Top commander of NATO-led forces in Afghanistan, General John Allen, on Saturday held talks with Pakistan Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani in Rawalpindi.
According to the Pakistani military, General Allen, who arrived at the Army’s General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi earlier today, flew to Pakistan to speak with General Kayani on operations in border areas.
A press release from the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said the talks between the two key military officials focused on coordination mechanisms to avoid untoward incidents.
The visit comes amid American efforts to rebuild ties after US airstrikes that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers along the Afghan border in November. In response, Islamabad blocked US and NATO supply lines running through its territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...