US commander meets Pakistani Army Chief
Islamabad: Top commander of NATO-led forces in Afghanistan, General John Allen, on Saturday held talks with Pakistan Army Chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani in Rawalpindi.
According to the Pakistani military, General Allen, who arrived at the Army’s General Headquarters (GHQ) in Rawalpindi earlier today, flew to Pakistan to speak with General Kayani on operations in border areas.
A press release from the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said the talks between the two key military officials focused on coordination mechanisms to avoid untoward incidents.
The visit comes amid American efforts to rebuild ties after US airstrikes that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers along the Afghan border in November. In response, Islamabad blocked US and NATO supply lines running through its territory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!