US drone strike kills ten militants in Pak
Islamabad: US drones targeted a compound and a vehicle in the restive North Waziristan tribal region in northwest Pakistan Tuesday, killing at least 10 suspected militants and injuring several others.
The unmanned spy planes fired four missiles at the compound and the vehicle in Datta Khel town, 45 km from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan Agency, officials
were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
Reports said the number of casualties could rise. Local residents said they had seen several drones hovering over the area after the attack.
The US has been pressuring Pakistan to launch a military operation against Taliban and al Qaeda elements holed up in strongholds in North Waziristan.
Islamabad has made it clear that any operation will be launched on the basis of its national interests and not due to foreign pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit
- Avg 49 days of employment generated in 2015-16 under MGNREGA: Govt
- Turkey`s post-coup purge: almost 16,000 detained, 50,000 fired