US drone strike kills ten militants in Pak
Islamabad: US drones targeted a compound and a vehicle in the restive North Waziristan tribal region in northwest Pakistan Tuesday, killing at least 10 suspected militants and injuring several others.
The unmanned spy planes fired four missiles at the compound and the vehicle in Datta Khel town, 45 km from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan Agency, officials
were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
Reports said the number of casualties could rise. Local residents said they had seen several drones hovering over the area after the attack.
The US has been pressuring Pakistan to launch a military operation against Taliban and al Qaeda elements holed up in strongholds in North Waziristan.
Islamabad has made it clear that any operation will be launched on the basis of its national interests and not due to foreign pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Sushant Singh Rajput's Twitter commentary of MS Dhoni's innings at Mohali is a Must Read