US drone strike kills ten militants in Pak
Islamabad: US drones targeted a compound and a vehicle in the restive North Waziristan tribal region in northwest Pakistan Tuesday, killing at least 10 suspected militants and injuring several others.
The unmanned spy planes fired four missiles at the compound and the vehicle in Datta Khel town, 45 km from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan Agency, officials
were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
Reports said the number of casualties could rise. Local residents said they had seen several drones hovering over the area after the attack.
The US has been pressuring Pakistan to launch a military operation against Taliban and al Qaeda elements holed up in strongholds in North Waziristan.
Islamabad has made it clear that any operation will be launched on the basis of its national interests and not due to foreign pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say