US drone strike kills ten militants in Pak
Islamabad: US drones targeted a compound and a vehicle in the restive North Waziristan tribal region in northwest Pakistan Tuesday, killing at least 10 suspected militants and injuring several others.
The unmanned spy planes fired four missiles at the compound and the vehicle in Datta Khel town, 45 km from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan Agency, officials
were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
Reports said the number of casualties could rise. Local residents said they had seen several drones hovering over the area after the attack.
The US has been pressuring Pakistan to launch a military operation against Taliban and al Qaeda elements holed up in strongholds in North Waziristan.
Islamabad has made it clear that any operation will be launched on the basis of its national interests and not due to foreign pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda