US drone strike kills ten militants in Pak
Islamabad: US drones targeted a compound and a vehicle in the restive North Waziristan tribal region in northwest Pakistan Tuesday, killing at least 10 suspected militants and injuring several others.
The unmanned spy planes fired four missiles at the compound and the vehicle in Datta Khel town, 45 km from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan Agency, officials
were quoted as saying by TV news channels.
Reports said the number of casualties could rise. Local residents said they had seen several drones hovering over the area after the attack.
The US has been pressuring Pakistan to launch a military operation against Taliban and al Qaeda elements holed up in strongholds in North Waziristan.
Islamabad has made it clear that any operation will be launched on the basis of its national interests and not due to foreign pressure.
- Housing demand may pick up in next six months: Knight Frank
- Bizarre: This London restaurant promotes nudism; you can eat your meals here fully naked!
- Tata Group mulling over plan to launch wearables for yoga practioners, factory workers
- JNU sends show-cause to Umar for movie screening last year
- A vitamin that can decelerate ageing process!