US issues travel advisory to citizens visiting Pakistan
Islamabad, Jan 28: The US government has issued a fresh travel advisory to citizens visiting Pakistan, and asked them to avoid mass gatherings and public transport system there.
“American citizens (should) avoid all demonstrations, protests and large gatherings. It is best to avoid public transport. The US mission personnel are prohibited from using taxis or buses,” read the advisory issued to US citizens travelling to Islamabad.
In the advisory, obtained from the US State Department’s official website, the US government said that several extremist groups in Pakistan were targeting American and Western interests, high-ranking Pakistani government officials and members of minority and religious groups.
The advisory asked female Americans to dress conservatively, with arms and legs covered, and avoid walking alone in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened