`US, Pak share same interest on al Qaeda`
Washington: The US Tuesday said Pakistan and
it shared similar interest in getting the region rid of al-Qaeda terrorists.
"Beyond saying that our counterterrorism work with
Pakistan continues, that these issues have not always been
smooth, sometimes our work together is complex, but we share
an interest with Pakistan in ridding the region of al-Qaeda,
and that work will continue," the State Department spokesperson, Victoria Nuland, told reporters at her daily
"We share an interest with Pakistan in ridding that
country, that region of al-Qaeda. We`ve worked on it together
for many years, and our work will continue," she said
responding to questions about the steps being taken by
Pakistan against al-Qaeda leaders.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference