US soldiers not target in Pakistan attack
Islamabad: Three US soldiers killed in a
bombing in northwest Pakistan this month were not the intended
targets of the attack, a top general said on Thursday.
The militants who blew up a car bomb as a security convoy
passed aimed for the "most prominent vehicle in the apparent
belief that a local paramilitary commander would be inside,
Maj Gen Tariq Khan told The Associated Press in a brief
There had been speculation in the aftermath of the Feb 3
blast that the attackers had specifically targeted the
Americans, raising the specter of an informant close to the
US mission training members of Pakistan`s paramilitary
Khan, who heads the Corps, said five militants linked to
the attack had been killed and others arrested, but gave no
The killings were the first known US military fatalities
in nearly three years in Pakistan`s Afghan border region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals