US soldiers not target in Pakistan attack
Islamabad: Three US soldiers killed in a
bombing in northwest Pakistan this month were not the intended
targets of the attack, a top general said on Thursday.
The militants who blew up a car bomb as a security convoy
passed aimed for the "most prominent vehicle in the apparent
belief that a local paramilitary commander would be inside,
Maj Gen Tariq Khan told The Associated Press in a brief
There had been speculation in the aftermath of the Feb 3
blast that the attackers had specifically targeted the
Americans, raising the specter of an informant close to the
US mission training members of Pakistan`s paramilitary
Khan, who heads the Corps, said five militants linked to
the attack had been killed and others arrested, but gave no
The killings were the first known US military fatalities
in nearly three years in Pakistan`s Afghan border region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor