`US’ ties with Pak complex, but important`
Washington: US Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey has said the United States` relationship with Pakistan is the most complex, yet important one.
"It (Pakistan) sits in an extraordinarily important geostrategic location...in a very challenging part of the world. It`s got huge internal challenges that could have caused it to fail, and no one believes that a failed Pakistani state would be a good thing for the world, let alone the region," The Express Tribune quoted General Dempsey, as saying.
"And so we do have to have a relationship with Pakistan," he added.
General Dempsey said ISAF Commander General Allen, CENTCOM Commander General Mattis and he are engaged in trying to restore and reset the relationship with Pakistan, and to make it more positive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you