`US’ ties with Pak complex, but important`
Washington: US Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey has said the United States` relationship with Pakistan is the most complex, yet important one.
"It (Pakistan) sits in an extraordinarily important geostrategic location...in a very challenging part of the world. It`s got huge internal challenges that could have caused it to fail, and no one believes that a failed Pakistani state would be a good thing for the world, let alone the region," The Express Tribune quoted General Dempsey, as saying.
"And so we do have to have a relationship with Pakistan," he added.
General Dempsey said ISAF Commander General Allen, CENTCOM Commander General Mattis and he are engaged in trying to restore and reset the relationship with Pakistan, and to make it more positive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas