`US’ ties with Pak complex, but important`
Washington: US Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey has said the United States` relationship with Pakistan is the most complex, yet important one.
"It (Pakistan) sits in an extraordinarily important geostrategic location...in a very challenging part of the world. It`s got huge internal challenges that could have caused it to fail, and no one believes that a failed Pakistani state would be a good thing for the world, let alone the region," The Express Tribune quoted General Dempsey, as saying.
"And so we do have to have a relationship with Pakistan," he added.
General Dempsey said ISAF Commander General Allen, CENTCOM Commander General Mattis and he are engaged in trying to restore and reset the relationship with Pakistan, and to make it more positive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more
- New Hyundai Elantra to be launched in India today
- Amit Shah to inaugurate workshop of BJP state core committees