`US’ ties with Pak complex, but important`
Washington: US Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey has said the United States` relationship with Pakistan is the most complex, yet important one.
"It (Pakistan) sits in an extraordinarily important geostrategic location...in a very challenging part of the world. It`s got huge internal challenges that could have caused it to fail, and no one believes that a failed Pakistani state would be a good thing for the world, let alone the region," The Express Tribune quoted General Dempsey, as saying.
"And so we do have to have a relationship with Pakistan," he added.
General Dempsey said ISAF Commander General Allen, CENTCOM Commander General Mattis and he are engaged in trying to restore and reset the relationship with Pakistan, and to make it more positive.
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Twitter explodes with reactions over Kanhaiya Kumar touching Lalu's feet - Viral picture inside
- Gold price at 15-month high, rises further to Rs 30,330 per 10 grams
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- VIDEO: Maiden over & 5 wickets! Watch Mohammad Amir's sensational last over vs Australia!