Uzbekistan suspends mobile, internet, SMS for exam
Tashkent: Uzbekistan`s mobile operators were ordered to cut off mobile internet, text message and MMS services for five hours for all subscribers while applicants undertook university entrance exams Wednesday.
The measure was called upon to ensure fair exam-taking procedures, preventing applicants from using the mobile services during the exams.
"Mobile internet and other services will be suspended from 08.30 am to 1.30 pm," said a source in the Uzbek Communications Agency Wednesday.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion