Uzbekistan suspends mobile, internet, SMS for exam
Tashkent: Uzbekistan`s mobile operators were ordered to cut off mobile internet, text message and MMS services for five hours for all subscribers while applicants undertook university entrance exams Wednesday.
The measure was called upon to ensure fair exam-taking procedures, preventing applicants from using the mobile services during the exams.
"Mobile internet and other services will be suspended from 08.30 am to 1.30 pm," said a source in the Uzbek Communications Agency Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what