Uzbekistan suspends mobile, internet, SMS for exam
Tashkent: Uzbekistan`s mobile operators were ordered to cut off mobile internet, text message and MMS services for five hours for all subscribers while applicants undertook university entrance exams Wednesday.
The measure was called upon to ensure fair exam-taking procedures, preventing applicants from using the mobile services during the exams.
"Mobile internet and other services will be suspended from 08.30 am to 1.30 pm," said a source in the Uzbek Communications Agency Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters