Young man buries himself to get cured in Pak
Karachi: A young man buried himself alive
allegedly on instructions of his fake spiritual leader, in a
case that highlights the growing menace of superstition in
The incident took place in Nankana Sahib in the
Punjab province and the young man Safdar Hussain was only
saved after his parents realised after burying him for nearly
48 hours that he would suffocate to death.
"Safdar has not been keeping well for years now and
despite many medical treatments he remains unwell.
So he went to this Pir Bhutta in Multan who has a
reputation o curing people with such chronic illnesses,"
brother of the victim, Altaf said.
He said that Pir Bhutta had ordered Safdar to
remained buried for two weeks as part of a "Chila" and he
would be cured of all illnesses permanently.
"My brother was desperate and my parents also agreed
to this form of Chila and helped bury him in the courtyard of
our house two days ago," Altaf said.
TV channels showed visuals of Safdar explaining how
he survived in his grave by inserting a thin bamboo pipe from
the grave for breathing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?
- IRS website hacked by suspected Pakistani hackers, messages like 'Pakistan Zindabad' posted