Young man buries himself to get cured in Pak
Karachi: A young man buried himself alive
allegedly on instructions of his fake spiritual leader, in a
case that highlights the growing menace of superstition in
The incident took place in Nankana Sahib in the
Punjab province and the young man Safdar Hussain was only
saved after his parents realised after burying him for nearly
48 hours that he would suffocate to death.
"Safdar has not been keeping well for years now and
despite many medical treatments he remains unwell.
So he went to this Pir Bhutta in Multan who has a
reputation o curing people with such chronic illnesses,"
brother of the victim, Altaf said.
He said that Pir Bhutta had ordered Safdar to
remained buried for two weeks as part of a "Chila" and he
would be cured of all illnesses permanently.
"My brother was desperate and my parents also agreed
to this form of Chila and helped bury him in the courtyard of
our house two days ago," Altaf said.
TV channels showed visuals of Safdar explaining how
he survived in his grave by inserting a thin bamboo pipe from
the grave for breathing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place