Young man buries himself to get cured in Pak
Karachi: A young man buried himself alive
allegedly on instructions of his fake spiritual leader, in a
case that highlights the growing menace of superstition in
The incident took place in Nankana Sahib in the
Punjab province and the young man Safdar Hussain was only
saved after his parents realised after burying him for nearly
48 hours that he would suffocate to death.
"Safdar has not been keeping well for years now and
despite many medical treatments he remains unwell.
So he went to this Pir Bhutta in Multan who has a
reputation o curing people with such chronic illnesses,"
brother of the victim, Altaf said.
He said that Pir Bhutta had ordered Safdar to
remained buried for two weeks as part of a "Chila" and he
would be cured of all illnesses permanently.
"My brother was desperate and my parents also agreed
to this form of Chila and helped bury him in the courtyard of
our house two days ago," Altaf said.
TV channels showed visuals of Safdar explaining how
he survived in his grave by inserting a thin bamboo pipe from
the grave for breathing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional