Zardari will return to Pakistan at all costs: Spokesman
Islamabad: Scotching rumours that President Asif Ali Zardari will remain abroad till the end of his term in September, a spokesman today said he would return to Pakistan "at all costs".
Zardari has gone to Dubai, from where he will travel to London on a private visit, presidential spokesman Farhatullah Babar said.
Babar strongly refuted rumours that Zardari will stay in London for the remaining period of his tenure. The "President will return to Pakistan at all costs", he said.
Zardari also will not resign till the completion of his term, he said in a statement. The presidency issued the statement following rumours and speculation in Islamabad that Zardari intended to stay abroad till his term ends in about six weeks in order to avoid possible graft charges.
The presidential spokesman further said Zardari will not contest elections for a second term. Earlier this year, Zardari himself told the media that he would not contest the presidential polls after his term ends in September.
Zardari was elected for a five-year term in 2008, when his Pakistan People`s Party was in power at the centre. The PPP was routed by the PML-N in the general election in May.
The presidential spokesman further said the government should publish the report of the Abbottabad Commission that probed Osama bin Laden`s presence in Pakistan. The report should be presented in parliament for debate, he said.
The government should implement the recommendations made by the Abbottabad Commission, he said.
The commission submitted its report to the government in January though it is yet to be made public. A draft of the report was recently leaked to Al-Jazeera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues