Chennai watches transit of Venus
Chennai: The passage of planet Venus across the face of Sun is once in a life time celestial event and many viewed it here, an official said Wednesday.
"Over 5,000 people might have come and gone after seeing the celestial event here since morning. We made arrangements for the people to view the event thorough different telescopes," S. Soundarajaperumal, joint director, Birla Planetarium said.
Special arrangements were made for the people to watch the transit of Venus as watching it with naked eyes is injurious.
"While the school students enjoyed watching the event, Madras University students are doing their research," Soundarajaperumal said.
People were also keen in viewing the visible sun spots.
The next Venus transit is expected to happen after 117 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...