FBI`s 1950 `flying saucers` named most popular case file
Washington: Out of all the case files that were made public by the FBI online, a 1950 memo titled `Flying Saucers` has been called the most popular by the agency this week.
In the mysterious report, Guy Hottel, special agent in charge in Washington, wrote that an investigator for the Air Force has stated that three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico, CNN reported.
He wrote that the saucers were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter and each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall.
The name of the source has been blacked out of the file.
Over a million people have looked at the sensational memo online.
The reports went on to say that the bodies were dressed in metallic cloth of a very fine texture and each body had been bandaged in a manner that was similar to the blackout suits used by speed fliers and test pilots.
The memo also relayed a potential explanation for why the flying saucers were found in New Mexico.
The allegation said that the government has a very high-powered radar set up in that area and it is believed that the radar interferes with the controlling mechanism of the saucers.
Although the file had first been released in the 1970s, it was posted online only in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali