GSAT-10 placed in intermediate orbit
Bangalore: ISRO scientists on Sunday carried out the first critical orbit raising manoeuvre as part of efforts to place India`s latest communication satellite GSAT-10 in its final orbit.
The orbit raising operations, which placed the satellite in an intermediate orbit, were commanded from ISRO`s Master Control Facility at Hassan, Karnataka. GSAT-10 is in good health, an ISRO statement said.
During the operation, the Liquid Apogee Motor on board the satellite, launched yesterday on board the Ariane-5 rocket from Kourou in French Guyana, was fired for nearly two hours.
The second orbit-raising manoeuvre is planned tomorrow.
GSAT-10 is meant to augment telecommunication, Direct-To-Home broadcasting and radio navigation services in the country by adding 30 more to the much-in-demand transponder capacity, now hit by a crunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Political blame-game begins as auto, taxi unions go on indefinite strike against app-based taxi services
- NGT seeks details of Rs 20,000 crore expenditure on cleaning Ganga
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers