GSAT-10 placed in intermediate orbit
Bangalore: ISRO scientists on Sunday carried out the first critical orbit raising manoeuvre as part of efforts to place India`s latest communication satellite GSAT-10 in its final orbit.
The orbit raising operations, which placed the satellite in an intermediate orbit, were commanded from ISRO`s Master Control Facility at Hassan, Karnataka. GSAT-10 is in good health, an ISRO statement said.
During the operation, the Liquid Apogee Motor on board the satellite, launched yesterday on board the Ariane-5 rocket from Kourou in French Guyana, was fired for nearly two hours.
The second orbit-raising manoeuvre is planned tomorrow.
GSAT-10 is meant to augment telecommunication, Direct-To-Home broadcasting and radio navigation services in the country by adding 30 more to the much-in-demand transponder capacity, now hit by a crunch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- It's official! Besides Punjab, AAP to contest elections in Goa as well, confirms Arvind Kejriwal
- NEET ordinance: Union Health Minister JP Nadda to meet President on Monday
- Will meet Trump despite his dangerous views on Muslims: Cameron
- Sambhavna Seth ready to walk down the aisle! - Pics inside
- Rajnath Singh mourns killing of jawans in Manipur, says MHA monitoring situation