Haven`t seen any UFOs, says Chinese astronaut Wang Yaping
Beijing: A female Chinese astronaut Thursday said from space that she and her crewmates haven`t seen any UFOs during the trip.
Female astronaut Wang Yaping, one of the three crew members of Shenzhou-10 spacecraft, greeted about 330 primary and middle school students at a Beijing high school through a live video feed system, about 340 km above the Earth, reported Xinhua.
"Through the front windows, we can see the Earth and many other stars, but up till now, we haven`t seen any UFOs," Wang said.
"We are beyond the (Earth`s) atmosphere and due to the lack of obstructing atmosphere, the stars we see are much brighter, but they do not twinkle.
"...due to the absence of the atmosphere with its light scattering feature, the sky we see is not blue but is deep dark. And also I can tell you a wonderful phenomenon: we can see sunrises 16 times a day as we circle the Earth every 90 minutes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate