India has not made offer to Russia to buy Soyuz-TMA: ISRO
Bangalore: India has not made any offer to
Russia to purchase Soyuz-TMA spacecraft to undertake the
country`s own human space flight slated for 2015-16, a top
space department official said.
"No, that`s all what the newspapers write," Indian Space
Research Organisation chairman K Radhakrishnan told PTI here
on reports in a section of the Russian media which talked
about the "offer".
Russian reports also said China had received technical
documentation on various Soyuz-TM systems and used them to
develop its own Shenzhou manned spacecraft.
Radhakrishnan said, "We have a (human space flight)
programme," adding, ISRO is going to put two Indians in an
orbit around the earth.
"That`s our plan. Studies have been conducted. There is
a pre-project which is already going on to study some of the
critical technologies. And we have a project report which we
have given to the Government (for approval)," he said.
ISRO officials said the proposal for undertaking the
human space flight to carry humans to a low earth orbit and
ensure their safe return to earth has been prepared and
submitted to the government for approval.
The space department has already carried out a detailed
study on technical and managerial issues related to
undertaking manned space missions with an aim to building and
demonstrating the country`s capability.
The programme envisages development of a fully autonomous
orbital vehicle carrying two or three crew-members to a 300 km
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi