India`s first navigation satellite set for July 1 launch
Bangalore: Indian Space Research Organisation has now scheduled the launch of the country`s first navigation satellite for July one after rectifying an anomaly.
"Review is on. It`s scheduled to be launched at 11.43 PM on July one", ISRO sources told PTI here on Thursday.
The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System-1A (IRNSS-1A) was scheduled for launch on board Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C22) on June 12, 2013 at 01:01 hours from Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
The spacecraft had gone through all electrical checks and was ready for propellant filling. The PSLV-C22 was fully integrated and was undergoing electrical checks.
But during the electrical checks of the launch vehicle early this month, an anomaly was observed in one of the electro-hydraulic control actuators in the second stage, forcing the space agency to postpone the launch.
Bangalore headquartered ISRO has since replaced this actuator.
The 1425 kg IRNSS-1, which will have a life span of about 10 years, will provide satellite-based terrestrial, aerial and marine navigation services and also help in disaster and fleet management and vehicle tracking, an ISRO official said.
ISRO has planned to have a constellation of seven satellites under IRNSS by 2014-15.
IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system, and once all the spacecraft become operational, it would provide position accuracy, similar to Global Positioning System (GPS), of better than 10 metres over India and the region extending about 1,500 km around the country.
"It is designed to provide an accurate real time Position, Navigation and Time (PNT) services to users on a variety of platforms with 24x7 service availability under all weather conditions", the official said.
IRNSS provides two basic services -- standard positioning service for common civilian users and restricted service for special authorised users, ISRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah