Iran to launch 3 new satellites: Report
Tehran: Iran is preparing to send into orbit three new home-made satellites, Executive Affairs Vice President Mohammad Shariatmadari was quoted as saying by a Iran daily Sunday.
"Tadbir, Sharif Sat and Fajr satellites are all in the final stages and ready for launching," Xinhua reported citing Shariatmadari.
He declined to specify dates for the launch, saying that the blast-offs will take place once technical tests are concluded.
In December, a senior official of the Iran Space Agency (ISA) said Tehran would send Tadbir and Sharif Sat into orbit by the end of the current Iranian year (March 20, 2014).
The country will soon launch another domestically-built satellite carrier Kavoshgar-7 (Explorer-7) into space.
Iran sent a second live monkey "Fargam" by the rocket "Research" into space Dec 14. In January, Iran had sent a capsule containing a monkey onboard Pishgam (Pioneer) I into space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray