Mars `jelly doughnut` clearly alien fungus: Astrobiologist
Washington: A self-described astrobiologist and author has asked a federal judge to force NASA to look more closely into the rock that suddenly appeared on Mars rover Opportunity`s field of vision earlier this month; he`s claimed that the rock is an alien fungus.
Previously NASA had said that the rock was in all probability flipped into the rover`s field of view by its wheels while it was maneuvering around the area.
However, Rhawn Joseph referred to the object as a biological organism, which resembles a mushroom-like fungus, a composite organism consisting of colonies of lichen and cyanobacteria, and which on Earth is known as Apothecium, CNET reported.
He went on to claim that the object may not have simply appeared in the later pictures, as it`s also in the previous photos taken of the same spot.
Joseph said that a smaller version of the fungus can be seen in the same location in early pictures of the location, and that it then grew to its current appearance.
He said that spores were exposed to moisture due to changing weathering conditions on Mars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you