MoD tasked to recruit crew for ISRO`s `Man to Moon` mission
New Delhi: The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has been tasked to recruit crew for ISRO`s "ambitious" Man to Moon Mission, Air Marshal A K Behl, Director General, Medical Services (Air) today said.
MoD and ISRO have signed an MoU for the project. "We have collaborated with ISRO a couple of years ago," he said.
The Director General for Armed Forces Services (DGAFS), who is looking after the project, is also also supposed to asses whether the crew can maintain the spacecraft well and come back safely.
"Man to Moon is an ambitious project started by the ISRO. Since the Indian Air Force has domain expertise in aviation and in other aspects related to space, we have collaborated with them. The Institute of Aviation Studies Bangalore is also involved in this project," Behl added.
Rakesh Sharma, a former Indian Air Force pilot who flew aboard Soyuz T-11 as part of the Inter-cosmos programme by the USSR was the first Indian to travel in space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!