NASA`s Opportunity takes selfie to celebrate 10th anniversary on Mars
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: NASA has shared a selfie taken by Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity to commemorate its tenth year on the Red Planet.
A panoramic camera (Pancam) mounted on a mast of the rover recorded the component images for this self-portrait during the interval 3 January to 6 January, 2014.
According to NASA, the images were taken a few days after winds removed some of the dust that had been accumulating on the rover`s solar panels.
“Opportunity landed on Mars on Jan. 25, 2004, Universal Time (Jan. 24, 2004, PST) for a mission that was planned to last three months. It is still active 10 Earth years later,” said NASA.
“Opportunity has not experienced much change in health in the past year, and the vehicle remains a capable research partner for the team of scientists and engineers who plot each day`s activities to be carried out on Mars.”
Photo: NASA/JPL-Caltech/Cornell Univ./Arizona State University
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read