Neil Armstrong, buried at sea in military service
Washington: In a final tribute to the first man to set foot on the moon, Neil Armstrong, was buried in the Atlantic Ocean on Friday with a full military service.
A day before on Thursday, hundreds of mourners turned out to remember Neil Armstrong, at a special public memorial in Washington.
The legendary hero was born on August 5, 1930, near Wapakoneta, Ohio.
He went on to work in the military, fighting in the Korean War. Later, he would pilot planes for NASA, and eventually, spacecrafts.
He died last month in Ohio at age 82.
The Apollo 11 commander made history on July 20, 1969, when he became the first person to walk on the moon, famously calling it “one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player