Neil Armstrong, buried at sea in military service
Washington: In a final tribute to the first man to set foot on the moon, Neil Armstrong, was buried in the Atlantic Ocean on Friday with a full military service.
A day before on Thursday, hundreds of mourners turned out to remember Neil Armstrong, at a special public memorial in Washington.
The legendary hero was born on August 5, 1930, near Wapakoneta, Ohio.
He went on to work in the military, fighting in the Korean War. Later, he would pilot planes for NASA, and eventually, spacecrafts.
He died last month in Ohio at age 82.
The Apollo 11 commander made history on July 20, 1969, when he became the first person to walk on the moon, famously calling it “one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?