Neil Armstrong - first man on moon to be buried at sea
Washington: US astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man on the moon, will be buried at sea, family spokesperson Rick Miller said.
Miller said Thursday that no other details on the timing or the location of the burial were available, reported Xinhua.
Neil Armstrong died Aug 25 at the age of 82 following complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures.
Armstrong commanded the Apollo 11 spacecraft that landed on the moon July 20, 1969 and has been best remembered by saying "That`s one small step for (a) man, one giant leap for mankind".
Armstrong and his fellow astronaut Buzz Aldrin spent two and a half hours walking on the moon, collecting samples, conducting experiments and taking photographs, while astronaut Michael Collins remained in orbit in the command module.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory