New stunning picture comes from Mars!
California: US space agency NASA`s new mission now is to follow a raging dust storm on Mars.
NASA scientists were quoted saying to a news agency Wednesday that “the storm raging in the Martian southern hemisphere was spotted earlier this month by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter circling overhead”.
The storm came within 840 miles of Opportunity`s location. On the opposite side of the red planet, a weather station aboard NASA`s newest rover, Curiosity, detected changes in air pressure and overnight temperature related to the storm.
Scientists want to learn more about Martian dust storms, including why some morph into storms that blanket the planet.
If this latest storm turns into a global one, the solar-powered Opportunity would see an energy decline. Curiosity, powered by plutonium, won`t be as directly affected.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply