New stunning picture comes from Mars!
California: US space agency NASA`s new mission now is to follow a raging dust storm on Mars.
NASA scientists were quoted saying to a news agency Wednesday that “the storm raging in the Martian southern hemisphere was spotted earlier this month by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter circling overhead”.
The storm came within 840 miles of Opportunity`s location. On the opposite side of the red planet, a weather station aboard NASA`s newest rover, Curiosity, detected changes in air pressure and overnight temperature related to the storm.
Scientists want to learn more about Martian dust storms, including why some morph into storms that blanket the planet.
If this latest storm turns into a global one, the solar-powered Opportunity would see an energy decline. Curiosity, powered by plutonium, won`t be as directly affected.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea