No lightning detected on Titan
Washington: It has emerged that lightning has not been detected on Saturn’s moon Titan.
Scientists have speculated that lightning on Saturn’s moon Titan could produce changes in atmospheric chemistry and could even spark production of organic compounds that could be precursors for evolution of life.
Extending previous searches for lightning on Titan, Fischer and Gurnett analyze radio data up to the 72nd close flyby of Titan by the Cassini spacecraft.
They find no evidence of lightning and conclude that if lightning occurs at all on Titan, it is probably a very rare event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report