Time travel possible, says Stephen Hawking
Melbourne: Astrophysicist Stephen Hawking thinks that time travel is possible.
In the past he has steered clear of the topic in public lest he be considered a crank but Hawking told the Daily Mail that now he is less worried about that possibility.
Preparing for the debut of his Discovery documentary, Stephen Hawking``s Universe, which screens next week, Hawking said he believed humans could travel millions of years into the future and repopulate their devastated planet.
"Time travel was once considered scientific heresy, and I used to avoid talking about it for fear of being labelled a crank," News.com.au. quoted him as saying in the docu.
"These days I``m not so cautious," he added.
Manchester University professor Brian Cox told The Times that Hawking``s theory had already found some basis in experiments carried out by the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva.
Hawking also says we can only travel forward in time.
Moving backwards is impossible, Hawking says, because it "violates a fundamental rule that cause comes before effect".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death
- Non-BJP parties plan to boycott PM Narendra Modi's 'Smart Cities Mission' event - Know the reason